Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fruity knits

Hello my knittas,

A Playful Day Podcast is hosting a design-a-long contest on Ravelry, and the deadline is in a couple of days! The winner of the contest will receive tech support, advice from Kate and yarn support! The details can be found on Kate's website, along with some great resources for designers and people who are just starting out to design. Also head to the ravelry group to see all the great entries thus far and to chat with others.

I wanted to share my design, which I'm excited about because it merges my two favorite (non-person)  things...knitting and fruit! This is my pineapple hat:

The pineapple hat is knit with worsted weight yarn on size 8 needles and is the perfect blues buster for the winter. If i don't win the contest I will still be publishing this pattern here and on Ravelry, so look out!

I really like the idea of kitschy knits, and I some some more fun hat designs up my sleeve for the near future. Also I love looking at Gary Kennedy patterns as kitsch inspiration! I want to knit all of the fun pillows and toys!

Maybe I can round up some people for a KAL!

Go check out the contest, and also the Playful Day podcast!

Happy knitting everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment