Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Biting the Bullet

I am finally biting the bullet, and making a blog. A blog about knitting! And other things going on in my life that surround knitting. For example, I'm working on my senior project for college and it involves a lot of hair...or will once I aquire a lot of hair. 
I'm using this blog as a way to get out of my head and into the world, and share my fiber love and inspirations. I knit everyday and am a little crazy in love with it, I know theres a lot of you out there who are too, I hope to meet you, so my friends and family don't have to hear me yak about yarn and sheep all the time. 

I also think this would be a great place to document my journey in the fiber world, its all beginning here. I'll be graduating this coming December. I want to be surrounded by knitting and fiber forever (is that too much to ask?). And hey, maybe I'll develop better writing skills. I plan on sharing what I wish I could buy in the knitting world (broke college student over here),  designers I love, of course what I'm knitting, and then other non-knitting things like food (of the vegan variety), thrifting, senior project progressions (I guess I'm also an artist?), and other crafty things. :) 

I now leave you with my current FO because I am so excited about it. 

This is a Where the Wild Things Are set for a baby in my boyfriends family who is due in June. The shower is this weekend and I cannot wait to give it to the mommy to be! I followed a pattern by CricketsKnits and made some adjustments which are on my project page on Ravelry, and also booties instead of mittens. I used Juniper Moon Farm's baby alpaca yarn in grey which is amazing, and I now have to make a sweater out of it sometime in the future. The crown and bootie accents are knit with Berroco Lustra. 

And I guess I might as well show you my first handspun ever that I recently made since I'm being a proud mom about my fiba. 

This wee little ball is spun from unknown (im guessing alpaca?) fiber from the Long Island Livestock Co. which is right in my neighborhood. I was quite surprised with how stress-free this was. I hope future spinning is this lovely, because I am so ready to jump to my next spinning project!

Alright, alright, alright.

Until next time...
I would love feedback and comments to improve the whole blogging experience. :) 


 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment